Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Do you have Pride?

Once again, I'm going to apologize to my 2 readers for my overdue update....I'm really sorry. I could blame it on work, me trying to exercise/play tennis, or all the IEEE stuff I've been doing, but there's no excuse...if anything I could do a on-liner like Graham does sometimes.

I guess I'll start off with a recap of this last weekend:

Friday:

Watched Ocean's 13 and I really liked it! Ocean's 11 was also really good, but 12...ehhhh, I think they tried too hard on that one. I ended up winning an Ocean's 13 poster for answering some dumb question, but I decided to give it to the little kid sitting in front of me....he would probably appreciate it more than me. Plus, he didn't yell, kick, scream, or talk during the movie...now why can't more kids be as disciplined! BEAT YOUR KIDS!!! (Okay, now i don't mean bruise the hell out of them, but a slap every now and then ain't gonna hurt.)

Saturday:

I met up with some friends from high school, whom I hadn't seen SINCE high school. Apparently this guy I knew in HS (and I wasn't very fond of) got a job back in Memphis as a producer for a local news station. Well, another girl from hs (who is awesome!) decided to have a "Welcome Back" party and invited about 50 people (according to the stalker network...oh, I mean Facebook). Well, only three of us showed up....yup, the guy, the chick, and me....FUN TIMES (pure sarcasm)! I tried talking to him, but he was same jack-ass I knew in high school so I gave up and continued drinking my beers. Then we decided to invite some of our friends....I called up two guys and mr. producer called up two of his friends. Now, his friends ended up being pretty cool....in fact, one of them was meteorologist for a local news station and the other guy is a program director for a radio station...kinda cool. At this point I had downed about 6 or 7 beers so I was feeling it! My friends decided to leave (jackasses!), so the us remaining 5 people decided to go a new bar/club. We ended up cutting in front of a huge ass line and not paying cover b/c mr. meteorologist told the doorman that we had a the producer of channel 5 news us...dum da da dum (who the hell cares...honestly!?), well apparently this guy did...so we got it (not gonna complain). We got in there and had another beer and then the chick and I decided to call it a night (oh lord...I'm getting old!).

Sunday:

I forgot to mention, but the Pride Parade was on Saturday, but I decided not go b/c I suck. Yes, I probably should have gone, but I was too afraid of being on TV or sosmeone else (from work) seeing me there. Yeah, I know a lot of people go there to support the GLBT community, but come on.....I don't have a g/f (the constantly ask me about that at work), i'm pretty liberal in my views, and i look good when i come to work (not trying to be cocky or anything...but most of the people don't even try to look nice where i work...).

Because I missed out on that, I was determined to go to the Pride Picnic on Sunday. Well, I called up some people and two my straight friends decided to come with (they're awesome!), well we decided to meet up for lunch at this great breakfast place, and then go. Well, after eating breakfast, I didn't bring up the picnic at all....I started feeling bad for taking my str8 friends there.....I didn't want them to feel uncomfortable. Therefore I decided not to go. Instead we decided to run some errands and once we were done I was dropping on the guys off at his car and he turned to me and said, "aren't we supposed to go the pride picnic?"....I said, "No, it's okay...don't worry about it." To which he responded, "hell no, i drove all this way to go to pride picnic, and we're going!" :) He called out to the other and he jumped back in the car and said, "lets go!" Well, we called girl-friend of ours and headed to the park. So this thing was from 1pm - 5pm, and we got there around 3:45pm...and it was completely dead. I guess they were packing up by this time.....I dunno? Anyway, we ended up driving past it.....I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Other news:


I'm accepting applications for new gay friends in memphis. Now don't get me wrong...I have some awesome friends, but I also need gay friends who can understand me on a different level. Who don't have to feel afraid of saying the "wrong" thing around me (as some have mentioned). I just need someone to talk to....you know, and maybe hang out w/ at a gay bar (how else am i going to find mr. right!?).

Enough blabbering for one night. I will def. try to do a better job of updating.

3 comments:

Anand said...

I know its on the Internet and all but it still is your personal diary. You should be writing it for yourself and not for others. Its bad enough we live our lives for others in so many ways, if you get my drift.

I am pretty sure you saw this coming. Unsolicited advice! Boy, I am getting old!

littlesamosa said...

yeah...i get your drift...and i always appreciate advice...so don't stop giving it to me!! :)

with that said, i still bad b/c i only seem to write when something wrong is going on in my life or when i am frustrated. i don't think that's fair to anyone that reads the blog or to myself. i should be able to express my happiness and all the good that surrounds me, which is a lot that i'm thankful for!...my parents (well, at least my dad.....LOL....i'm j/k!!!), my amazing sister, and my awesome friends (like you!)

Anonymous said...

ahhh another reference to the amazing sister. GOD this is good. lol but i think this blog--it seems like its a way for you to put down what happens to you in writing and for your friends to enjoy reading it and keep up w/going on in your life. so i dont see whats wrong w/this blog. i like the pictures...haha