Sunday, June 17, 2007

This Weekend: * * * * *

I'm trying to get better at this game (blogging)...its only been 5 days since my last post....woo-hoo!! :-p LOL!
Let me start off by saying that this was a great weekend! First of all, my sister came into town and it's always fun hanging out with her. I'm really thankful to have such a great relationship with her....and you know what, I think me coming out to her has only strengthened that connection between us.

Well, seeing that she was in town I decided to take her to the Memphis Roller Derby where I was meeting a co-worker of mine. Most you probably don't know what the hell the MRD is, so here's a quick description: bunch of women pushing, shoving, and hitting each other on roller skates with funky names (s.a. Rollanye Asse and Bloody Elle) all in an effort to gain the most amount of points. All in all I had an awesome time! Now, I'm not sure if that was the margarita's & beer I had...but nevertheless...an awesome time! If you want to learn more about the MRD check out this YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWoeycw_zUw

On to Sunday....Father's Day. My sister went back to school early in the morning, but right before leaving we booked tickets to -------------------->>>>>> CALIFORNIA!! Some of you might already know, but I was brought up in Cali and I still have some relatives there, whom I haven't seen in years! So, my sister and I decided to go this summer and hang out with family and friends. We're gone from July 11-16....I need to have some type of countdown on this blog...lol. Once we get to Cali we're planning on maybe going to Disney, but that's still iffy (b/c they're soooo much other things I could do...and the fact that I've already been as a kid). THEN on Friday we leave for VEGAS, and we'll be there from Friday to Sunday (I can't for Vegas!)

So aside from planning my little trip (yes, I know that is an understatement), I had two other exciting things happen. First, we celebrated my father's day at the house...I couldn't take him out to eat b/c my mom had invited someone over for dinner (grrrrr....you uncle!), but it was fun just hanging out with him. Secondly, I finally picked up the phone and I believe (hope) made a new friend. (We'll talk about my reservations to call people in another post!) I had sooooo much fun talking to this guy that I think we talked for over an hour....I just hope I didn't bore him with my crazy talk...yes, some of you that know me really well know that I just go on and on and on about random shit. (Btw...I know he's reading this blog....so let me take a minute and just say "Thanks!" b/c it was refreshing and enjoyable to talk to you!)

Well, I should go to be bed, b/c I'm trying to get into work by 7:00 so I can start accruing comp-time, so I don't have to use as much vacation for the trip to Cali. :D Gnite!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm WHO DID You talk to on the phone???? i'm a bit confused... was it this anand fellow? or another? hmmmm....

and ps. ANOTHER reference to the amazing sis...i love this blog. and pss. i'm really glad we are this close too..it makes me happy...you're like one of my reallyyyyy good friends and i love that i can share everything with you!

Anand said...

Way to go!